Cheston Cold DS Syrup
Cheston Cold DS Syrup used towards the treatment of cold symptoms like- sneezing, runny nose, teary eyes, stuffy nose or congestion. It also helps reduce fever and pain. It works by blocking histamine passage, responsible for causing allergic reactions and triggering conditions like itching, sneezing and cold. The syrup is made of three key compositions, which are- Paracetamol, Cetirizine, and Phenylephrine.
Uses of Cheston Cold DS Syrup
- Cheston cold syrup provides relief from cold, fever and other symptoms associated with cold.
- The syrup treats or prevents conditions like headache, nasal congestion, allergic conditions and flu symptoms.
- It can also alleviate ear and joint pain.
What is the side Side Effects of Cheston Cold DS Syrup ?
Side Effects of Cheston Cold DS Syrup
There are no serious side effects of the syrup if used in appropriate or recommended dose. The common side effects of the medicine include:
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Dryness of Mouth
- Loss of appetite
Dosage of Cheston Cold DS Syrup
Cheston Cold DS Syrup can be taken one teaspoon thrice daily along with a good diet or as recommended by the doctor. The dosage is usually determined basis the age, severity and weight of the patient. Do not increase the dosage as it may cause severe side effects. In case of missed dose, take it when you remember but keep in mind that the next dose shouldn’t be close. In case of overdose, seek medical help immediately. In case you get any allergy from the medicine, discontinue the course immediately and consult your doctor.
- In case you have any kidney or liver disease, inform the doctor of the same.
- Inform the doctor if you are suffering from coronary artery disease.
- Do not use the syrup in case you have conditions like- hepatic impairment, hyperthyroidism or hypersensitivity.
- In case of pregnancy or breastfeeding, consult a doctor on the dosage and usage of the syrup.
- Read the label of the medicine before usage and refrain from taking an overdose of it to prevent any side effects.
- Keep the medicine away from children’s reach.
- The syrup causes drowsiness so avoid taking alcohol or cigarette consumption while on this medication.
- Do not stop using the medicine until advised by the doctor.
- In case you develop any allergy because of the syrup. Stop using it immediately and discuss it with your doctor.
- Certain over the counter drug may reduce the action of the medicine or might interact with it. Thus, inform the doctor about the medicines and supplements used by the patient.
- Medicines like digoxin, ketoconazole, medicine for blood pressure, leflunomide and prilocaine may interact with the syrup.