Zincovit is a multivitamin tablet used to treat or prevent mineral or vitamin deficiency in body. The tablet contains zinc, selenium and Vitamin C as its key ingredients. In India, many people take multivitamin supplements to make-up for the poor eating habits. The drug works by helping produce normoblastic marrow, increases the capability to absorb calcium and phosphorus from food and helps metabolize carbohydrates for proper growth.
What is the Uses and Benefits of Zincovit ?
Uses and Benefits of Zincovit
The benefits of zincovit are immense and exhaustive. Some of the uses of the supplement include:
- The drug maintains the health of the body and increases appetite.
- It treats and prevents zinc and certain vitamin deficiency.
- Promotes speedy recover from illness, boosts immunity and treats all immune deficiency disorders.
- The supplement is really helpful during pregnancy and post surgery for body health.
- Zincovit facilitates synthesis of proteins and DNA in cartilage.
- It provides energy to the body by helping in protein breakdown.
What is the Side effects of Zincovit ?
Side effects of Zincovit
There is no serious side effect of the supplement if used in appropriate or recommended dose. The common side effects of the medicine include:
- Joint pain
- Sleep disturbances
- Sore Throat
- Muscle weakness
- Colic pain
- Bitter or bad taste
- Dry eyes
What is the Dosage of Zincovit ?
Dosage of Zincovit
Zincovit can be taken once daily along with a good diet or as recommended by the physician. The dosage is usually determined basis the age, severity and weight of the patient. Do not increase the dosage as it may cause severe side effects. In case of missed dose, take it when you remember but keep in mind that the next dose shouldn’t be close. In case of overdose, seek medical help immediately. In case you get any allergy from the medicine, discontinue the course immediately and consult your doctor.
What is the Precautionary Measures ?
- Avoid taking zincovit with dairy products as it may make it harder for the body to absorb certain ingredients of the medicine.
- In case you have conditions like anemia, acute eczema, abrasions, bleeding disorder or abrasions, take zincovit only when recommended by the doctor.
- In case of pregnancy or breastfeeding, Zincovit or multivitamins supplements are safe when taken under doctor’s guidance in appropriate amount. Thus consult a doctor on the dosage and usage of the drug.
- Read the label of the medicine before usage and refrain from taking an overdose of it to prevent any side effects.
- Keep the medicine away from children’s reach.
- For better effect of the medicine, avoid alcohol or cigarette consumption while on this medication.
- Do not stop using the medicine until advised by the doctor.
- In case you develop any allergy because of the medicine. Stop using it immediately and discuss it with your doctor.
- Certain over the counter drug may reduce the action of the medicine or might interact with it. Thus, inform the doctor about the medicines and supplements used by the patient.
- Medicines like tretinoin, antibiotic, diuretics, antacids, sulfa drug, NSAIDs and blood pressure medicines can interact with the supplement.